King Combs – “Legacy”
Artist: King Combs
The heir to the Bad Boy throne opens up about pressure and losing his mother. It’s a pretty bold move to rap over Wu-Tang’s iconic “Triumph” beat but then again, King Combs is Diddy’s son and he’s a pretty bold guy himself.
He didn’t do half bad either. On his latest single “Legacy” – which is dedicated to his late mother Kim Porter – the rapper opens up about dealing with loss and the pressure of being born into the Bad Boy empire.
He comes out swinging with charisma and doesn’t let up: “I made amends with my former finance advisors, I apologize.”
The beat deserves bars and King Combs delivers with a classic NY spit through, no hook necessary.
The accompanying video is a long take of the young rapper walking through a warehouse as he pays tribute to his mother and Colin Kaepernick and the BLM movement.
- Look like it’s heaven but some sh*t is hell
- I lost my moms last year, took the biggest L
- Know her spirit got me evolving, I could feel it help
- Separating my path with a different trail, I prevail
- Anything just to see my favorite lady
- Built for everything, know that’s how my pops raised me
Listen & Download Mp3 Below:
alsoGET LYRIC HERE
We want to hear from you all.
Drop Your Comments