American rapper, singer, and songwriter from Atlanta, Georgia, Dominique Armani Jones, known professionally as Lil Baby, and an American rapper, singer, songwriter and, record executive, Durk Derrick Banks, better known by his stage name Lil Durk release a track “How It Feels” for their upcoming collaborative album “The Voice of the Heroes.”
After teasing it for the past couple of months, Lil Baby and Lil Durk have shared some details around their anticipated join album The Voice of the Heroes today. The album was previously slated to release on May 28 but it was later delayed, apparently because they wanted to give DMX’s album EXODUS a clear couple of weeks out of respect. But everything is official now: The Voice of the Heroes will release everywhere on Friday, June 4th.
Lil Baby and Lil Durk have been teasing their upcoming collaborative album for months. The project, titled The Voice of the Heroes, will finally be arriving at the end of this week. Marking one of the biggest collaborative projects in hip-hop all year, this project signals an alliance between two of rap’s biggest superstars. Durkio has had things on lock, securing some of the biggest sales of the last twelve months as he continues to enjoy his status as The Voice of the streets. Lil Baby is also on a hot streak, referring to himself as The Hero. On the title track to their upcoming album, the two rappers unpack why they’ve earned their nicknames.
Lil Baby rose to mainstream fame in 2017 following the release of his mixtape Perfect Timing, becoming one of the most prominent figures in the trap music scene to date while Lil Durk is the lead member and founder of the collective and record label, Only the Family.
- I know how it feel to think everybody against you
- I know how it feel to watch bullets go through a windshield
- I know how it feel when you try your best to be real
- I know how it feel when you think no one understands you
- I know how it feel when the one you love gettin’ ran through
- I know how it feel, I done really cut off my mans too
- I know how it feel when you broke, and them bills past due
- Oh, you thought this shit was a joke? We on your ass too